At Bauer’s Intelligent Transportation, we take safety and training very seriously and have instituted a number of policies and procedures to ensure that everyone in the company — especially our chauffeurs — understand its importance. Our safety programs and track record include:
- Silver Cup Award – top safety record, miles per accident, training procedures, risk control
- Bus Rodeos – where all chauffeurs compete on a difficult obstacle course for the prize of the best driver of a motor coach bus.
- Internal Safety Committee and Review Board – weekly meeting to ensure safety and compliance.
- Safety Enforcement – all safety rules are enforced and we consistently pass all CHP inspections and DMV audits
- Retraining – chauffeurs are retrained periodically to ensure that stringent safety standards are met
- ADA vehicles – chauffeurs are trained on use and maintenance
- Safety Department – regularly scheduled road observation and ride checks to monitor the performance of the chauffeurs.
- 11 Million Miles – operated without a single injury or any major damage to our vehicles
After extensive interviews and background checking process, chauffeur applicants are invited to attend the Bauer’s training program. Our in-depth training is designed to maximize the success of each trainee through hands-on-training by two highly qualified instructors. We are unique in that our training consists of both classroom and on-the-road sessions, and it trains for the following:
- Sensitivity training to develop empathy for mobility-challenged clients
- Transportation Safety Institute (TSI) instructors who teach our chauffeurs the most successful defensive driving technique
- Dispatch procedures
- Client relations
- Vehicle safety and inspection
- Driver safety
- Vehicle orientation
- Service/product offerings
- Airport procedures
- Minimum 6 hours each quarter of refresher training is used to reinforce concepts and maintain important skills
In addition, all Bauer’s Chauffeurs participate in random and post-accident drug and alcohol tests and a DMV pull notification program. Successful graduates are qualified to drive luxury sedans and smaller limousines.
Follow up training is provided to all new chauffeurs to qualify for other types of vehicles.
In addition to providing outstanding training and safety procedures, Bauer’s provides the insurance limits listed below:
Worker’s Compensation – In accordance with all federal, state and local requirements
Commercial General Liability – Coverage for bodily injury and property damage liability, including contractual liability coverage – $2,000,000 each occurrence bodily injury and property damage combined
Business Automobile Liability Insurance – Coverage for bodily injury and property damage liability, including coverage for all non-owned, hired and rented automotive equipment – $20,000,000 each occurrence, bodily injury and property damage combined
Commercial Umbrella Insurance – In an amount that will bring total coverage to a total of $25,000,000 each occurrence and annual aggregate.