San Francisco, CA
Salary: $120,000.00 to $160,000.00 /year
Salary: $120,000.00 to $160,000.00 /year
This position, reporting to the CFO, is accountable for leading the Finance team in managing the financial and accounting policies, systems and processes, tax and regulatory requirements, payroll and ongoing financial modeling and annual business plan.
Accounting, Payroll, Financial Systems, and Controls:
Responsible for the delivery of cost-effective and efficient accounting and financial reporting systems, policies and processes that meet the current and future business requirements of the Company.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll functions of the Company.
• Ensure the Company is in compliance with all internal policies and relevant regulations and ensure filings are completed in a timely manner.
• Manage the payroll function ensuring efficient systems, process, and controls.
• Oversee the continuous improvement of Accounting and Financial Processes and the development of the team with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output.
• Develop and oversee accounting policies and procedures to meet both current and future business models
• Assist CFO in the management of the Company’s Insurance and Risk Management programs.
• Assist in the annual insurance renewal process to ensure appropriate coverage.
• Develop cash flow forecasting and maintain long-term cash forecast.
• Develop Finance and Accounting team goals that are fully aligned with the Company goals.
• Lead and coach the team and recruit and retain high caliber staff.
• Provide coaching, guidance, and support, set professional development plans to assist employees to reach their full potential through the Performance Management process.
• Ensure the team delivers the highest standard of departmental, cross-departmental and cross foundation teamwork and customer service
• Ensure optimal deployment of resources to achieve business goals
• In conjunction with CFO, responsible for Financial Management Reporting for the Company
• Ensure financial management reporting tools and processes are in place to support the ongoing and future needs of the business
• Develop and prepare a weekly and monthly Management Reporting Package.
• Present quarterly and year-to-date financials with accompanying analysis of results
• Develop regular reporting and analysis, including key metrics reports, and conduct ad hoc financial analysis as required
Budgeting and Financial Modeling:
• Assist in the annual business plan development and budgeting process
• Assist in the quarterly outlook process
• Provide ongoing financial modeling and analysis expertise to management.
• Assist in the financial modeling and analysis to support the development of long-term strategic initiatives and business plans
• Experience with strategy development and implementation
• Strong business acumen
• Ability to lead complex projects through to an endpoint
Managing and Leading:
• Able to communicate effectively and lead others through change and new strategic initiatives• Able to build effective teams, coach and develop others
• An individual who seizes opportunities and takes initiative as appropriate
Influence and Interpersonal Effectiveness:
• Relationship building and rapport skills
• Influencing and networking skills
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Ability to grasp Company’s short and long-term priorities and develop systems, processes, and policies to support the achievement of them in a cost-effective manner.
• On an ongoing basis, evaluated and prioritizes activities, focuses people resources against key business priorities
• Bachelors Degree in Business with an emphasis in Accounting. MBA and/or CPA desired.
• 10 years working knowledge of accounting and finance with at least 6 years supervisory experience.
• Sound knowledge compliance with GAAP. Public company and public accounting experience desired.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints
• Knowledge of Financial and ERP systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks. Experience with other Accounting ERP software desired.