San Francisco, CA 94158
BauersIT accommodates individuals, corporations, educational facilities, government agencies, and airports with one of the largest fleets in America— over 200 luxury vehicles — from state-of-the-art eco-luxury business shuttles to black car & VIP service. We employ over 400 employees, including 200+ professionally trained chauffeurs, who transport thousands of people each day to and from work and to special venues.
BauersIT is seeking an experienced Safety/Training Manager to join our dynamic leadership team. The Safety & Training Manager will coordinate in collaboration with the Director of Operations and the Senior Operations Manager the development of short- and longer-term strategies to cultivate a culture of safety within the BauersIT organization. The Safety & Training Manager will oversee systems and activities to maintain oversight of regulatory compliance status; provide safety training and professional development for chauffeurs; develop and coordinate an accident prevention program; conduct audits of the safety management process, and monitor metrics reflecting performance. The Safety & Training Manager will provide support and guidance to the Operations Leadership Team in a consulting role to address safety & regulatory issues impacting the transportation operations organization. The successful candidate will contribute the present and future success of the BauersIT world class chauffeur team.
· CDL – Class BP Air
· DOT – Knowledge, and experience enforcing the latest vehicle safety standards
· OSHA – Knowledge, and experience enforcing safety in the workplace
· CHP – Vehicle inspections – knowledge of vehicle safety requirements and prepare chauffeur files for vehicle, facility, drug and alcohol and SPAB inspections.
· Maintain Chauffeur safety files
· DMV – Oversee Licensing requirements/Medical requirements
· Pull Notices – Knowledge and experience managing Pull Notices
· Accident Investigation – Knowledge and experience investigating accidents to determine the root cause of the accident. Determine the best retraining of chauffeur.
· Safety Meetings – Experience conducting chauffeur safety meetings
· Leadership – The position is a manager position – experience leading a Safety/Training department.
In your role you will:
· Lead the BauersIT organization in creating a work environment that is free of hazards that cause physical harm to employees, contractors, and vendors.
· Implement safety initiatives and enforce federal and state and local safety regulations to include environmental protection.
· Develop and provide safety training.
- Perform job analyses and develop safe work procedures.
- Document and maintain company safety recordkeeping databases and accurately maintain and document regulatory recordkeeping.
- Respond to accidents, incidents, near misses and other safety related system interruptions and failures.
- Participate in new driver recruitment process
- Assist the Training Manager with developing and teaching specialized Safety seminars relevant to drivers (driving hazards, logbooks, etc.)
- Maintain chauffeur Pre & Post Trip files and logs up to date.
- Collaborate with the Claims Manager regarding accident/incident claims.
· 5+ years’ experience in a Manger/Leadership role in transportation
· Knowledge of D.O.T. inspection standards
· Strong desire to help others.
· Exceptional consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
· CDL (Commercial Driver’s License). Passenger, Airbrake
· Strong Organizational Skills