San Francisco, CA 94158
Bauer’s accommodates individuals, corporations, educational facilities, government agencies, and even airports, with one of the largest fleets in America— over 200 luxury vehicles — from state-of-the-art eco-luxury business shuttles to black car & VIP services. They employ over 400 employees, including 200+ well-trained chauffeurs, who transport thousands of people each day to and from work and to special venues.
Bauer’s IT is looking for a Driver Safety Trainer who embodies their culture and will help us rapidly grow and train a world-class team. The ideal candidate will contribute to both hands-on and strategic levels to prepare our drivers for the needs of our customers.
- Conducts pre-trip and air brake training to new drivers
- Trains and coaches new and existing drivers on the use of applicable tools, equipment, and fundamental routing practices; transfers expertise to drivers.
- Provide driver training on all known road conditions (steep grades, ice, snow, gravel, lease roads, highway, and night)
- Provide training on in-trip emergencies and practices (chain-up, breakdown, towing)
- Assess driver ability prior to applying for a road test
- Conduct all driver evaluations in applicable circumstances
- Assist safety manager, supervisors, and managers with investigations of motor vehicle incidents
- Develop and utilize scheduling for training and evaluations
- Maintain training files and logs of driver training/evaluation activity
- Assist and coordinate specialized Safety seminars relevant to drivers (driving hazards, logbooks, etc.)
- Conduct certified in-class Airbrake, Defensive Driving, Logbook, and SPAB instruction
- Ensure compliance and completion of a proper pre-trip inspection.
- 5+ years’ experience in the trucking/transportation industry
- Knowledge of D.O.T. inspection standards
- Strong desire to help others.
- Exceptional consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
- CDL (Commercial Driver’s License). Passenger, Airbrake
- Strong Organizational Skills
Passenger Transportation Experience
- CDL – Class BP Air = preferred but not required
- DOT – Knowledge, and experience enforcing the latest vehicle safety standards
- OSHA – Knowledge, and experience enforcing safety in the workplace
- CHP – Vehicle inspections – knowledge of vehicle safety requirements and prepare chauffeur files for inspection
- Maintaining Chauffeur safety files
- DMV – Licensing requirements/Medical requirements
- Pull Notices – Knowledge and experience managing Pull Notices
- Accident Investigation – Knowledge and experience investigating accidents to determine the root cause of the accident. Determine the best retraining of chauffeur.
- Safety Meetings – Experience conducting chauffeur safety meetings
- Leadership – The position is a manager position – experience managing a Safety/Training department.