Since 1989, Bauer’s Intelligent Transportation has been changing the face of the motorcoach industry, creating one of the largest private eco-friendly fleets in the industry using the CNG, propane, hybrid and biodiesel vehicles.
Today, fully 97% of all the company’s miles traveled are green miles, meeting the most stringent air quality standards developed by the California Air Resources Board to be put into effect in 2013.
- To revolutionize the hybrid transportation industry, combining the luxury and safety of chauffeured transportation with the technological conveniences and environmental benefits of private, full-service individual and group transportation.
- To continue to serve as the Bay Area’s leading provider of luxury chauffeured eco-friendly individual and group transportation with the use of alternative fuels, innovative training programs and implementation of new technologies.
- To take people out of their vehicles by providing a first-class, environmentally-friendly transit option that gives commuters back valuable time, whether working productively onboard or simply relaxing in comfort.
- To continue to contribute to significant congestion relief and environmental health in the Bay Area
- Gary Bauer has partnered with the San Francisco Airport Congestion relief and worked to replace 85 buses with 19 clean air CNG motorcoaches operating 300 percent more efficiently.
- Bauer’s works with the San Francisco Business Council on Climate Change, an organization of green-minded businesses San Francisco that come together to solve local and regional Eco-issues.
- Bauer’s IT has partnered with the San Francisco Recreation & Parks Department, California Academy of Sciences and the De Young Museum to provide shuttle services throughout Golden Gate Park on Saturdays, Sundays, and major holidays.
- President/CEO Gary Bauer serves as the following:
- Executive Board member, San Francisco Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Member of the California Limousine Association
- Committee member of the San Francisco Congestion and Pollution working with the City of San Francisco to alleviate commuter issues.
- Bauer’s is also a member of the CTA (California Transit Association), and the CBA (California Bus Association.)
- In an effort to underscore its commitment to the community and the environment, part of the proceeds from the Bauer’s eco-transportation service has been set aside to fund environmentally-focused initiatives through the SaveIT Foundation, including the identification of local parks and playgrounds that need to be refurbished and working with other local green-minded corporations to accomplish this goal.